The UK’s NPSA (National Patient Safety Agency) have released a statement that says the pre-printing of patient labels in any form is unsafe. The statement covers all pre printed labels and Laser A4 sheets that can include wristband and label set combinations. The advice addresses issues that has long been a concern to many within the NHS and is being sent out to all UK hospitals.
The statement said…
The NPSA considers that printing several labels with patient details at one time, so that they can be used at a later time for the patient’s care, is unsafe. Labels should be printed only when required for the patient’s care and, where electronic systems permit, by the bedside so that the risk of the label being used for another patient is minimised.
Brenmoor have a range of labels that can be used in conjunction with hand held printer/scanners. The wristband is scanned and a label is generated in seconds and then used to identify samples. There can be no missmatching of patient information and at the end of a patient stay, there are no spare labels that need to be thrown away.
Notes to editors:
- BRENMOOR are UK based designers, manufacturers and suppliers of innovative patient identification solutions
- They supply over 70% of UK hospitals with patient identification products including their patented printed hospital bracelets and a range of hospital labels
- Recent product launches have included their MHRA compliant blood bag tag and hypoallergenic SKIN ID label
- They have partnerships with a number of medical supply companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to distribute BRENMOOR products to a wider audience
- All BRENMOOR products are designed to ensure that the right patient receives the right care and prevent deaths and injuries from misidentification
- All Patient ID products are available Direct from BRENMOOR, through NHS Supply Chain and from one of our Worldwide Distribution partners
A BRENMOOR printed hospital wristband is applied to a patient somewhere in the world every 4 seconds to ensure that they stay safe and remain positively identified!
Get in touch
For more information on the BRENMOOR range of products, to arrange a trial or to locate your local supplier call 0845 807 1090 or +44 (0) 1535 656 439 from overseas or contact us by email.
For samples of any of our Patient ID solutions please complete our sample request form.