Self-adhesive ‘hanging loop’ fixes to blood bag
Innovative printed one-part tag system
Removable self-adhesive panels for transfusion recording
Easily detachable barcode printed elements
Innovative MHRA compliant blood bag tag labels
The quickest, most cost-effective and reliable method to ensure positive identification of blood bags available on the market today on rolls and A4 print sheets.
Designed, produced and supplied exclusively by BRENMOOR, our innovative, fully patented, blood bag tags fully comply with all aspects of the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) Regulations.
The blood bag tag is supplied blank and can be printed through all common direct thermal printers and attached to the blood bag in a matter of seconds. Once printed the blood tag is completely resistant to water, soaps, alcohol and all common chemicals used in blood banks, hospital wards, theatres and laboratories, to reduce the likelihood of blood being wrongly administered.
The face of the blood bag tag contains a selection of printable areas, to record both the patients and transfusion staff details, and also will allow a handwritten signature to be added. Additionally, there are a number of perforated areas which are easily detached and used for accurate recording of the transfusion process on to patient notes.
The blood bag tags on rolls have been designed for use in the vast majority of commonly used, direct thermal transfer printers including Zebra’s 2844 & G-Series ranges, as well as most TEC, Citizen, TSC, Maxatech, Intermec, Brother and Avery models. As with all other BRENMOOR products, they are designed to accept GS1 standard barcode formats.
Numerous designs available offering different sizes of removable sections and labels. We can also design a tag specifically for an individual hospital if required.
NO INKS OR RIBBONS NEEDED
THERMAL PRINT PROCESS
LATEX FREE CONSTRUCTION
BARCODE & TEXT PRINTABLE
GS1 BARCODE COMPATIBLE
SELF ADHESIVE FASTENER
SECURED BY TAMPER EVIDENT CLASP
- Fully compliant with all aspects of the blood identification MHRA advice
- Uses the same print technology that has proved successful with printed hospital bracelets
- No more string, cable ties, elastic bands, luggage tags or home-made methods of identification
- Innovative thermal print material removes the need for expensive printer inks or ribbons
- Resistant to water, alcohol, soaps and most common chemicals used in blood banks, wards & theatres
- Quickly attached and removed if blood unit is not required and subsequently returned to blood bank
- Blood bag tag can be stored attached to the unit within the blood fridge if required
- Hypoallergenic construction – no natural latex is contained within any of the raw materials
- Easily printed in majority of common small desktop printers
- Pre-perforated, self-adhesive sections easily removed and attached to patient notes to maintain accurate transfusion records
- Can be optionally hand-written by hospital staff with details and signed as confirmation of transfusion
- Will accept printed barcodes, images and text on to large print area
- Supplied on rolls of 100 or 500 tags
- Supplied as standard in white – all colours can be manufactured upon request
- Available from BRENMOOR direct or from worldwide partners
BENEFITS BY DEPARTMENT
- Thermal print process requires no inks or ribbons to print the tag
- Self-adhesive ‘hanging loop’ attaches tag simply to blood bag
- Easily removed if unused blood unit needs to be added back to stocks
- Innovative one-part tag – no more ‘home-made’ labels & fixing methods
- Removable self-adhesive panels for transfusion recording
Hospital & Risk Managers
- Complies with all aspects of identifying blood units as set out by MHRA
- Reduces threat of blood units being administered to wrong patient
- Allows blood bag and patient hospital wristband to be cross-matched
- Natural latex-free materials reduce possibility of allergic reactions
- Easy implementation process using existing IT hardware & software
- Simple label print set-up and implementation process
- Tags will print using all common direct thermal printers
- High quality print registration marks allow immediate detection
- Can be used with GS1 standard barcode formats
- Large print area will accept barcodes, text and images
- High quality print accepts large text for easier patient identification
- Easy to scan where blood bag tags include printed barcode information
- Print process requires no print consumables – inks or ribbons
- Simple and secure attachment process of tag to blood bag
- Can be signed for accurate record of transfusion
- Safe and practical method to help ensure correct blood is transfused
- Hypoallergenic construction materials are free from natural latex
- Patients hospital wristband and blood bag can be easily cross-matched
- Clear, enhanced print to prevent wrongly administered blood units
- Resistant to water, alcohol, soaps and common hospital chemicals
- Uses same print technology as our printed hospital bracelets
- Cost-effective solution to problem and low-cost implementation
- Thermal print requires no additional expensive print consumables
- Works with all common printer hardware and software systems
- Easy order process and next-day, stock deliveries
Our innovative blood bag tags can be printed using common direct thermal transfer printers including Zebra, Citizen, TSC, Intermec, TEC, Brother & Avery.
In addition, they also share the following technical features:
- All parts are manufactured solely within the United Kingdom
- Fully resistant to water, alcohol, soaps and commonly used hospital chemicals
- Construction materials are hypoallergic and produced free from natural latex
- Can be printed using existing proprietary print software systems
- Use standard direct thermal printers without additional modification
- Can be signed for accurate record of transfusion
We carry stocks of our popular range of blood bag tags allowing us to fulfil over 90% of customer orders within 24 hours.
This particular range of BRENMOOR blood identification products are supplied as follows:
- In quantities of 8 rolls, each containing 100 blood bag tags – 800 blood tags per box
- Shipped heat-sealed within a clear cellophane wrapping
Select from the following colours:
- White blood bag tags on rolls with white printable & removable panels – order BBL004
Placing an Order
All of our hospital labels and printed hospital bracelets ranges are available to order from the following channels:
- Direct from BRENMOOR by calling 0845 807 1090 or by email via orders[at]brenmoor.com
- From one of our Worldwide Distribution partners – please contact us to locate your local supplier
A selection of videos of the BRENMOOR range of patient identification products are available to view below.
A selection of images of the Innovative MHRA compliant blood bag tag labels are available to view and download below.
To save any files, right-click on “Download” below the required image and select “Save Image As”, “Save Link As” or “Save Picture As” dependent upon your choice of Internet Browser.
Password Protected Downloads
Additional images of this product, including high resolution print versions, are available for download by Partners or Press from our password-protected area – once logged-in they will display below.
To save any files, right-click the file name and select “Download Linked File”, “Save File As” or “Save Link As” dependent upon your choice of Internet Browser.
Please call for a password on 0845 807 1090 or by email using our Contact us page.
If you have already been supplied with a password, please enter it below:
Reducing and, where possible, eliminating errors is central to improving patient safety. Often these errors will result in little or no harm but can be distressing for patients and staff, although some result in serious, lasting harm, such as chronic pain, undiagnosed cancers, blindness and even death.
Below are a selection of guidance notes from the former NPSA programme of work on safer patient ID – matching patients correctly with samples, specimens, records and treatment.
Identification of neonates
Flowcharts showing the steps to take to help ensure correct and safe identification of babies and mothers at antenatal and post-natal stages.
Right patient – right care
This summarises research on manual checking and the use of technologies for patient identification.
Correct site/side surgery
Patient Safety Alert on ways to minimise the risk of surgery on the wrong part of the body.
Wristbands for hospital inpatients improves patient safety
Safer Practice Notice on ensuring acute hospital inpatients wear wristbands.
Right patient – right blood
Safer Practice Notice recommending both high and low-tech solutions to making blood sampling and transfusions safer.
Standardising wristbands improves patient safety
Safer Practice Notice recommending standardisation of wristband design, patient identifiers, colour coding, printing and processes for producing, applying and checking wristbands.
Slide the divider to the left or right of the image to see how the Blood Bag Tag can be printed and separated for use.
Adult Hospital Bracelets
- FAST100 adult patient hospital wristband
- FAST100 RFID adult patient hospital wristband
- FAST100 LCB adult patient hospital wristband
- FAST1STB SATO-compatible adult wristband
- FAST15 slim adult patient hospital wristband
- FAST15STB slim SATO adult patient hospital wristband
- FAST ALLERGY alert adult patient hospital wristband
- ECO100 self-sealing adult patient hospital wristband
- ECO100-Z slim adult patient hospital wristband
- ECO200-TAB-25 adult patient hospital wristband
- ECO200-1061 adult patient hospital wristband
- UNI-SOFT extra care adult patient hospital wristband
- UNIVERSAL alert adult patient hospital wristband
- NIL by MOUTH alert printed adult wristband
Childs hospital Bracelets
- BABYSOFT 250 extra-soft babies hospital wristband
- BABYSOFT 250N slim babies hospital wristband
- TODFAST childs patient hospital wristband
- TODFAST LCB childs patient hospital wristband
- INFAFAST babies patient hospital wristband
- INFAFAST LCB babies patient hospital wristband
- INFAFAST ALLERGY alert patient hospital wristband
- INFA125 sticker-seal childs patient hospital wristband
- INFA125 RFID childs patient hospital wristband
- INFASOFT extra-care childs patient hospital wristband
- NIL by MOUTH alert childs patient hospital wristband
- SKIN ID direct-to-skin labels
- INFA labels for handwritten wristbands
- CAMEO hospital labels
- Paper hospital labels
- Heat-sensitive paper hospital labels
- Polyester hospital labels
- Heat-sensitive polypropylene hospital labels
- Freezer-proof hospital labels
BLOOD BANK SOLUTIONS
- Blood bag tag identification labels
- Code 39 Haemonetics BloodTrack labels
- Tournistrip®eco single-use tourniquet